20th September 2014
The last thing on your mind should be the financial stress during the recovery of a critical illness.
What is Critical Illness?
A lump sum payment when serious illness strikes. The 36 types of Critical Illness are classified under 6 groups:
Group 1: Heart & Kidney related
- Coronary Artery By Pass Surgery
- Heart Attack
- End Stage Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant (Kidney)
- Angioplasty and other Invasive Treatments for Major Coronary Artery Disease
- Other Serious Coronary Artery Disease
- Medullary Cystic Disease
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis
Group 2: Heart related
- Severe Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Major Organ Transplant (Heart)
- Surgery to Aorta
Group 3: Senses related
- Brain Surgery
- Benign Brain Tumour
- Blindness/Total Loss of Sigh
- Deafness/Total Loss of Hearing
- Loss of Speech
- Major Burns
- Major Heard Trauma
Group 4: Lung & Liver related
- End Stage Lung Disease
- End Stage Liver Failure
- Fulminant Viral Hepatitis
- Major Organ Transplant (Liver/Lung/Pancreas)
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Group 5: Nerve related
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Irreversible Organic Degenerative
- Brain Disorders*
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Loss of Independent Existence*
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson’s Disease*
Group 6: Cancer & Blood related
- HIV Due to Blood Transfusion
- Chronic Aplastic Anaemia
- Major Organ Transplant (Bone Marrow)
Facts & Figures
- 1 out of 5 Malaysians above the age of 35 suffer from some form of heart disease. That’s almost 20% of our population.
- 52,000 strokes occur in a year in Malaysia.
- 1 out of 4 Malaysians will develop cancer by the age of 75.
- Cost of cancer treatment can range from RM50,000 – RM300,000 in 2014.
- A heart transplant can cost up RM100,000
Takaful Plans are available!
We understand some of our clients prefer Takaful products. Our strong partnership with AIA Public Takaful allows us to also advise our Muslim clients on their financial needs. Our comprehensive suite of takaful protection, medical and investment products are fully Shariah compliant. Do indicate to us your preference when you request a quote with us!